Over the past 40 years, Trillium has been a multi-faceted community, education & birthing center. This 80-acre property nestled along Birch Creek & the Little Applegate River in the Siskiyou Mountains of Southern Oregon was acquired by Friends of Trillium LLC in 2017. We are currently pouring heart & soul into bringing this beautiful environment back to life. We have a variety of opportunities to get involved so feel free to contact us. We’d love to share it with you!
We are a community that prides itself on resilience, practicing fire remediation, native plant restoration and organic gardening.
- To establish a values driven community based in three pillars of self-realization, cooperation and environmental practices.
- To develop an inspiring environment where residents and visitors have the opportunity to deeply connect with self, others and the natural world.
- Self Realization
- Be present
- Take nothing personally
- Make no assumptions
- Always do your best
- Be truthful and kind
- Lifelong learning
- Be tolerant and respectful
- Secular & non-dogmatic
- Seek out intergenerational perspective
- Clear & complete communication
- Work towards consensus
- Environmental Practices
- Reduce / reuse / recycle
- Lessen our dependence on finite resources.
- Practice regenerative living
- Collaborating and celebrating with local individuals and organizations to grow into a harmonious and activated community
- Deepen the connection of all who visit the land with themselves, others and the planet
- Supporting land-based guild of enterprises that each fulfill the vision in unique ways, providing goods and services in a way that increases the living systems that support their production
- Creating sanctuary spaces for self reflection, healing, and connection with nature
- Respecting and honoring the play between our independence and interdependence
- Researching and demonstrating relevant, appropriate technologies
- As part of a larger global network, we intend to focus on the exploration and implementation of solution based approaches to the social and environmental challenges of our time.
We offer a variety of ways to get involved. Feel free to get in touch!